Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Finally...

Through this semester, we have examined countless issues of communication crisis and controversies. The discussion has been extremely beneficial to me and many of the things we have talked about will help me in the future.

If I am ever in a situation that requires me to handle I crisis, I feel confident I would be able to handle the situation efficiently and effectively. This class has shown me the positive and negative aspects to public relations and social media. However, they can easily be used to help. The Domino's case in the previous post is the perfect example of this.

I have learned the importance of staying true to my personal values an beliefs. Just as a company has principles and values, so do we as employees and individuals. It is important to know what is important to you in order to be ethical in all decision making in the work place. Taking a job that requires you to be put in unethical situations will not bring you any success.

Studying these many communication cases has been an integral part of what I will take with me to my first job. I am anxious to put these lessons we have learned into practice. The only way to do well in the future and to avoid situations such as the controversies we have discussed is to study them and learn from them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment